FVS 32nd Annual Scientific Sessions
The Florida Vascular Society is excited to hold this year’s Annual Meeting at the iconic Diplomat Beach Resort in Hollywood, Florida. Attendees can expect a true South Florida experience with ocean views, a tropical ambience, beach activities and an active night life. We hope you will join us in Hollywood April 25-28, 2019.
The Florida Vascular Society’s Annual Meeting will provide attendees with four days of the most current practice, knowledge, and experience to improve outcomes and management across the spectrum of vascular diseases. Participants will learn new approaches to aortic occlusive and aneurysmal disease, lower extremity arterial conditions, peripheral arterial disease, ruptured aortic aneurysms, aortic dissections, device delivery, open surgery, endovascular approaches, venous diseases, coping mechanisms for practice longevity and sustainability (see full program). The Scientific Program has been approved for 16.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ of which 6 meet the requirements for self-assessment (Thursday & Sunday).
We will continue the tradition of honoring the FVS President, Paul A. Armstrong, DO, FACS, and the outstanding award recipients at the FVS President’s Luncheon on Friday, April 26 at 12:00pm. All attendees are welcome to join this special event.
- Jose “Pepe” Alvarez, Jr., MD Award
- Dr. “JJ” Karmacharya Award
- Mark L. Friedell, MD Award
- Excellence in Teaching Award
Annual Business Meeting
All members should plan to attend the Annual Business Meeting on Saturday at 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm. Come and participate in your Society!
What’s New This Year!
“Take a Chance” and support the Florida Vascular Foundation!
Exhibit Hall — The Game of Chance
Be sure to visit the exhibit hall and play “The Game of Chance”! Everyone will be given a chance to win exciting, high-end prizes. All attendees will receive one free ticket, additional tickets can be purchased at registration for $10 each or 12 for $100. All proceeds go to support the Florida Vascular Foundation!
On Friday & Saturday, all Spouses and children are welcome to attend breakfasts (7:00 am – 8:30 am) and coffee breaks, roam the Exhibit Hall and play The Game of Chance.
The Welcome Reception will take place in the Exhibit Hall on Thursday evening at 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm. Join us for drinks & hors d’oeuvres. Bring your spouse or guest.
FVS Golf Tournament
Our golf event will take place on Friday, April 26 at The Club at Emerald Hills in Hollywood which is about 20-minutes from The Diplomat. Transportation will be provided and will depart the hotel promptly at 1:15 pm. The tournament begins at 2:00 pm with a shotgun start and a scramble format. Please check your clubs at the hotel bell stand when you check in so they can be transported for you.
Would you like to waste away again in Margaritaville? Join us on Friday evening at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm on the South Palm Court for drinks as you watch the sun set. Friday evening, dinner is on your own.
Sun & Fun on the Beach
Saturday afternoon, set work aside and join us on the beach for games, refreshing drinks, snacks and good company! 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm, this is a family-friendly event.
- Games include Cornhole toss, Giant Jenga & Bocce Ball
- Lounge chairs & umbrellas
- Cocktails & mocktails and snacks under the hospitality tent
- Kids will receive a gift card to Candy & Cones ice cream and candy shop
There will be a special area reserved for FVS. Wear beach attire and join in the fun!
Saturday evening is dinner on your own.
Know Before You Go
The Diplomat Beach Resort is extending a discounted resort fee of $15/night to FVS attendees. The resort fee includes:
- Basic guestroom internet
- Two bottles of water on day of arrival
- 1 group fitness class per day
- Non-motorized water sports
- 10% discount on spa services (excludes merchandise & discounted packages)
Other hotel amenities include:
- The Ocean Ambassador’s Kids’ Club and two beachfront pools with Kids’ DIP + SLIDE
- Jet ski, ocean kayak, paddle board rentals and volleyball
- Poolside cabanas and beachside rentals
- Full-service spa overlooking the Atlantic Ocean
- Fitness Center and studio
- Private marina, water taxi and city trolleys for local exploration
- 10 new dining concepts
- 10-minute walk to the historic oceanfront Boardwalk
The hotel will be full and we suggest if you plan to dine at any of the restaurants or use the spa, you make advance reservations.
Dining: (954) 602-9525 or FLLDH_concierge@diplomatresort.com
Spa: (954) 602-8400
The Diplomat Beach Resort offers self-parking at the Diplomat Landing. Parking charges are as follows:
- 0-3 Hours $20 + tax
- 3-7 Hours $30 + tax
- 7 Hours and Above $35 + tax
- Overnight $35 + tax
- 0-3 Hours $25 + tax
- 3-7 Hours $35 + tax
- 7 Hours and Above $44 + tax
- Overnight $45 + tax
- Meeting: Business Casual
- Welcome Reception: Business Casual
- Margaritaville Reception: Casual Tropical
- Sun & Fun on the Beach: Swimsuits/beachwear
- Golf: Attire for men includes mandatory collared shirt, long pants or Bermuda length shorts; women may wear sleeveless shirts, shorts or skirts with 4" max above the knee or slacks. Unacceptable attire: t-shirts, tank tops, athletic shorts, short shorts, cut-offs or denim. Metal spikes are not allowed.