FVS Membership Requirements
Florida Vascular Society members must be licensed to actively practice vascular surgery within the State of Florida. Members must continue in practice to maintain active membership.
Active membership may be granted to physicians who meet the following criteria:
- Certification by the American Board of Surgery in general and/or general vascular surgery, or by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery, and
- It is highly recommended, but not required, that an applicant who trained after 1988 complete a vascular surgery fellowship/residency; or be certified in vascular surgery by the American Board of Surgery, and
- Be in the active practice of vascular surgery for the two preceding years, post-fellowship, and
- Present documentation of all major vascular operations (minimum of 50 major reconstructions) and endovascular procedures performed in the prior 12 months.
- Individuals with unique qualifications and expertise in the diagnosis and management of vascular diseases, who may not meet qualifications 1-4, will be accepted on an individual basis.
Candidate membership may be conferred upon physicians who satisfy criteria (1) and (3) for active membership and are in the process of satisfying (4); Candidate members may participate in the annual business meeting, but are not eligible to vote on business of the Society nor may they hold office or serve on standing committees.
Associate membership may be granted to individuals who do not meet qualifications 1-5. This shall include physicians, non-physicians, vascular nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and registered vascular technologists. To obtain associate membership the candidate must demonstrate commitment, and expertise in the discipline of vascular disease.
Associate members shall pay half dues to the Society and may participate in the annual scientific sessions, but are not eligible to vote at the Annual Business Meeting nor may they hold office or serve on standing committees.
Resident/Fellow membership is available to any physician enrolled in an ACGME Accredited Program in General Surgery, Integrated Vascular Surgery, Vascular Surgery Fellowship Program in the State of Florida. This membership provides a platform for residents and fellows to gain access to valuable contacts in the specialty, and helps foster a community of like-minded, professional peers.
Resident/Fellow members shall pay yearly reduced dues to the Society but shall not be able to participate in the annual business meeting.
Medical Student Members
Medical Student membership is available to students currently enrolled in an accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical school in the State of Florida. This membership provides a platform for medical students to cultivate their interest in vascular surgery and gain valuable contacts in the specialty.
Medical Student members shall pay yearly reduced dues to the Society but shall not be able to participate in the annual business meeting.